We use a vegan blend that is made of coconut wax, apricot wax, and a trace amount of food-grade paraffin. The food-grade-paraffin enhances the performance of the wax and gives it an excellent scent throw, which is one of the things customers love about our candles. The highly refined food-grade nature of our paraffin puts it in the natural category.
Our waxes are gluten free, toxin free, paraben free, phthalate free, and come from renewable sources. The entire blend utilizes only FDA-approved waxes.
Why we love the apricot coco creme wax:
- Slow-burning wax gives you more bang for your candle buck
- Cleaner burning than other waxes (we're looking at you, paraffin)
- Emits more fragrance than other waxes, giving you a better home fragrance that lasts
- Transparent ingredients help you be an informed consumer. Many waxes are labeled "blends" and do not disclose the harmful ingredients or the percentages of ingredients.
Our single-ply wood wicks are all-natural. All wood used to manufacture our wooden wicks is purchased in the USA and only from mills that maintain an FSC certification and practice environmentally friendly forestry standards.
Why we love our wooden wicks:
- Cozy vibes from the soft crackling sound helps you wind down and relax
- Soot-free for cleaner burns
- Safer to burn. Many cotton wicks contain lead, which can be poisonous to children and pets, but completely legal in the US and not required to be disclosed
We use fragrance oils in our candles. Our fragrance oils are phthalate-free, paraben free, and cruelty-free. When possible, we use all-natural fragrance oils that are ISO 9235 certified.
ISO 9235 is an international standard that specifies the terms and definitions relating to aromatic natural raw materials. Aromatic natural raw materials are defined as raw materials of vegetal or microbiological origin, such as flowers, barks, seeds, leaves, etc.
Our candle vessels are reusable and refillable. When your candle is finished burning, simply clean it out and give it a new life. We're excited to be working on a refill program to our customers in Kansas City using local pickup. More details coming soon!
We hope that this information helps you buy better candles. If you're going to light a candle make sure it's a good one! Shop all candles and candle sets.
We do not package our candle jars in boxes to cut down on unnecessary packaging, dyes, and materials. Our corrugated cardboard boxes are reusable and recyclable. They are made in the USA. To ensure your cardboard boxes are recyclable, please remove any tape and/or adhesive before recycling. We use compostable packing peanuts and recyclable kraft paper to wrap candles. If you have received any materials in your package that are not sustainable, like bubble wrap or styrofoam, the materials have been upcycled.
Our kraft bags are made of Recycled Paper. They are FSC compliant and recyclable. The ink used on the bags is made from all-natural soy and applied with a reusable stamp.
We are currently including matches with every purchase. These are made in the USA. We are transitioning to FSC-Certified custom matches in Q2 2022.